The Asian Side, Istanbul’s other half, possesses a separate beauty of its own. In order to enjoy the Asian Side, have a look at the following list…
1. After boarding a ferry from Kadıköy, take in the aroma of the Bosphorus while throwing a piece of simit to the seagulls.
3. Wander through the Historical Kadıköy Market.
4. Try the ice cream from Ali Usta in Moda.
5. Sit in front of Haydarpasha Station and take a few photographs.
6. Explore the Kadıköy Flea Market.
7. Enjoy the famous taste of ‘Coup Grillet’, at the Kadıköy Baylan Patisserie.
8. Eat the Turkish delight from Ali Muhiddin Hajji Bekir.
9. Try lahmacun at Borsam Taşfırın.
10. Sample traditional Anatolian dishes at Çiya.
11. Savour the chocolate pastries from the Beyaz Fırın.
12. Try home-made jams and Fatih Sarması from Cafer Erol Sweets.
13. Buy spices from the Historical Brazil Spice Sellers.
14. Thumb through the antique posters and records in Akmar Arcade.
15. Take a trip through Kadıköy on the Nostalgic Tram.
16. Take in the music and a drink at one of the bars on Kadife Caddesi.
17. Explore the Artists’ Street on Bahariye Sokak.
18. Sit down at the Moda Çay Bahçesi (Tea Garden) or Cafe Kemal and drink a small cup of freshly-brewed tea.
19. Have a delicious waffle at Moda Kup.
20. Rest your feet at one of the bars or restaurants on Kalamış Marina and enjoy yourself while looking out over the sea.
21. Shop at the chic boutiques along Baghdad Caddesi.
22. Visit the Toy Museum.
23. Watch the antique cars pass by at the Sabri Artam Foundation Classic Automobile Museum.
24. Experience the incredible flavors of Turkish cuisine at the Üsküdar Kanaat Restaurant.
25. Watch the sunset against the Maiden’s Tower while cracking sunflower seeds along the seashore in Salacak.
26. Take a walk along the seaside and the beach in Caddebostan.
27. Climb to the top of Çamlıca Hill.
28. Stroll along the Fish Market in Üsküdar.
29. Watch sea view, drink tea by sitting at the Katibim Çay Bahçesi in Salacak.
30. Explore the Flea Market in Üsküdar.
31. Take a stroll through the natural surrounding in the Mihrabad and Fethi Pasha Woods…