It is situated on Karakurum Street in Beyoğlu’s Tarlabaşı district. The Assyrian community bought the site on which the church was constructed in the 19th century. According to Armenian sources, a church existed there between the years of 1650 and 1780. The church was rebuilt on September 61863 and was opened for religious services and was used by both Armenians and Assyrians as a common sanctuary. In 1870, the church was heavily damaged in a fire and was extensively restored and renovated in 1878.

The old building of the church was demolished in 1961 and it was subsequently rebuilt and reopened it for religious services in a special ceremony in 1961. It is a graceful example of masonry in the style of the city of Mardin, located in the southeast of Turkey. This workmanship is especially evident in the heads of wreathed columns used in the church. In addition to the church building, there is an annex containing a church school and an administrative section.