Bursa Day Trip
Bursa Day Trip
Experience the history of the first capital city of the Ottoman Empire!
Duration: 1 day
Live Guide: Arabic and English.
Pick-up Services: Pick-up from the hotel between 08:00 - 09:00 am. Drop off to the hotel at 23:59 (subject to change based on traffic conditions).
- See the first capital city of the Ottoman Empire!
- Enjoy the shade beneath Bursa's famous 600-year-old plane tree.
- Admire the beautiful architecture of the Green Mosque and Green Tomb.
- Shop at one of the world's oldest marketplaces, the historic silk market!
In the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel between 7:00-8:00 am. Once all the participants have joined, we will set out for Bursa. Part of the journey will be a lovely 40-minute ferry ride (approx) to cross the Izmıt Gulf.
Bursa was the first capital city of the Ottoman Empire from 1326 to 1365 and has many beautiful buildings from that time. Our guide will take you on an amazing trip right into the heart of Ottoman history, bringing your surroundings to life! You'll hear stories of the Green Tomb with its famous Iznik tiles and of the 600-year-old historical silk market with its ancient Turkish bath.
Next, we'll continue to Uludağ Mountain. Bursa is famous not only for being the former capital of the Ottoman Empire but also for Uludağ. In Turkish, 'ulu' means almighty and 'dağ' means mountain. We'll drive up the mountain in the comfort of our bus and then take a cable car to the top. At the peak (2,543 metres high), you will have some free time to discover the beauty of the amazing National Park which is home to more than 1,320 plants and 171 animal species.
At the end of the day, you will be returned to your hotel with many memories of your great time in Bursa!
- Lunch and 1 beverage.
- Entrance fees.
- All local transportations.
- English or Arabic Speaking Professional Guide.
- Personal expenses.
- Additional beverages.
Your hotel lobby.
Know Before You Go
- Pick up is valid for centrally located hotels.
- Pick up times may change +-15 minutes due to the location of hotels.
- Please ask if pick-up is available for your hotel.
Please be ready at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your pick up time.