Istanbul Classics Tour
Istanbul Classics Tour
Visit the amazing Hagia Sophia Museum, experience the spiritual side of Istanbul at the Blue Mosque and see the famous Hippodrome with an expert guide.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Live Guide: English.
Pick-up Services: You will be picked up from your hotel lobby. Pick-up is available for centrally located hotel.
- Visit the 1,500 year-old Hagia Sophia and admire its soaring dome and unique architecture.
- Visit the world famous Blue Mosque.
- See the historic statues and columns at the Hippodrome.
- Participate in cultural workshops at Caferağa Medresesi.
Our tour of Istanbul begins in the heart of the Old City, Sultanahmet Square. Here, you'll see the most famous landmarks in the city, the Hagia Sophia Museum on one side and the Blue Mosque on the other. Our first stop will be the Hagia Sophia, a magnificent structure originally built as a church more than 1,500 years ago by Emperor Justinian. When the Ottomans conquered Istanbul, it was converted into a mosque. Today, it is a museum where you can see both its Christian and Islamic history together. Next, we will visit the Blue Mosque which gets its name from 20,000 blue, handmade ceramic tiles that decorate the interior walls. It is a beautiful sight to behold! The mosque also has six minarets which is very unusual. Outside the mosque, we will see the Hippodrome. This was the once the busy centre of town hosting chariot races and other entertainment for the city's inhabitants. Today, the Obelisk of Theodosius, Column of Constantine and German Fountain of Kaiser Wilhelm decorate the square. Your guide will tell you the interesting history of these relics and then we'll head to the last stop on the tour, the Caferağa Medresesi. This is an interesting Cultural Centre that hosts a variety of exhibits and workshops on Turkish art, calligraphy, handicrafts, music, etc. Have a look at the interesting displays and you'll definitely broaden your knowledge and understanding of Turkish culture!
- Local guidance.
- Transportation with A/C minivan.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Entrance fees.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Food and drinks.
Your Hotel Lobby.
Know Before You Go
- Please ask if pick-up is available for your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under.
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative, similar museum will be visited.
Museums visited on this tour may change depending on the tour's date. If a museum is closed on the tour date, it will be replaced with an alternative museum.