Istiklal Street & Galata Genoese Walks
Walk down Istanbul's most famous street; Istiklal Street, enjoy ancient districts and impressive walkways and finally reach to Galata, the other side of the Golden Horn and the home of Genoese colony from the 6th to 15th centuries.
- A full-day tour of Central Istanbul near Taksim Square to explore Istanbul's history, culture, cuisine and daily life.
- See and experience the liveliest and most colorful street of Istanbul: Istiklal Street. The street that has been pedestrianized since 1988 is the center of night life, theaters, restaurants, coffee shops and fancy hotels.
- Visit Armenian, Greek and Catholic Churches amassed in the district.
- Walk down the famous Kamondo steps located in Bankalar Street.
- Enjoy one of the city's most striking landmarks from the top of Galata Tower which offers a panoramic view of Historical Peninsula and its environments.
- This tour is a combination of Istiklal Street Walk in Beyoğlu and Galata Genoese Walk tours.
You will begin your tour from the heart of the city: Taksim square and start going down while checking out the side streets of Istiklal Street, maybe trying some drinks or foods of popular coffee shops or restaurants and listening to your guide. Your right or left will be filled with old beautiful buildings, embassies, churches, synagogues, bank buildings and ancvient walls. You will arrive to Galata district at the end which was built by Emperor Theodosius II and was called Galata from that period on. This part of your walk will offer the famous Galata Tower and the area around it, buildings, churches and synagoues along side with the stories myths and legends that will be told by your guide. ,
Start: 09.00am End: 17.00
Pick-up from hotel.
Guiding, Transportation, Entrance Fees and Lunch.
Leave a Comment
You can also write your personal comment with