How To Apply For Turkish Citizenship?
There are many methods to acquire Turkish citizenship, and providing all of the facts in a short blog article like this is almost difficult. However, if you are interested in the major elements of the procedure and what is required for Turkish citizenship, you may find some useful information here. In general, the following criteria must be met in order to acquire a Turkish citizenship permit:
1. Foreigners who have lived in Turkey for five years without interruption; 2. Foreigners who are married to a Turkish citizen and have been married for at least three years; 3. Provided that they do not pose a threat to national security or public order; 4. Foreigners who have provided industrial facilities in Turkey or who have provided or will provide exceptional service in economic, social, sporting, or other fields;
5. Foreigners who acquire residence permits in accordance with Foreigners and International Protection Law No. 6458, as well as foreigners with Turquoise cards and their foreign spouse, adolescent or dependent children, Foreigners considered essential for naturalization
6. Foreigners are seen as immigrants.
Obtaining Turkish Citizenship Through Marriage
A foreigner who marries a Turkish citizen cannot become a Turkish citizen directly. For this, he must have been married to a Turkish citizen for at least three years and the marriage must still be active. Foreigners who meet these criteria may apply for Turkish citizenship.
Applicants must meet the following requirements: a) living circumstances in the family unit, b) not participating in any activity that is incompatible with the marital union, and c) there must be no scenario that may jeopardize national security and public order.
If a Turkish citizen’s spouse dies after the application, it is not required to live in a family union.
The Blue Card
But who are Turkish citizens by birth who lost Turkish citizenship by obtaining authorization at a later date and trading the persons of their offspring, province population, and citizenship abroad by consular on demand in our nation is given a blue card. If they do not endanger national security or public order, holders of blue cards enjoy the same rights of Turkish citizens. However, the blue card holder is not required to serve in the military and does not have the right to choose and be chosen for public service or to import cars or household items. If these people have gained rights to social security, they are maintained and may be utilized in line with the law.
Travel, work, session, investment, inheritance, acquisition of movable and immovable property, and commercial activities of these people in Turkey must be conducted out by the appropriate authorities and organizations in accordance with Turkish law.
Procedures for Obtaining Turkish Citizenship
1. Locating and opening the file (Form petition arrangement)
2. Review of necessary documents and correction of any shortcomings ( health report, residence period letter, judicial record, copy of passport, birth certificate, photograph, subsistence certificate, documents brought from the country of the foreigner, receipt of fees, etc. as)
3. Investigation report and fingerprinting by the Police Department/Gendarmerie Command
4. Attendance at the Citizenship Review Commission meeting on its own (both spouses participate in the applications due to the spouse)
5. Completion of the dossier after the meeting and submission to the General Directorate of Population Citizenship with the commission’s conclusion,
6. Arrival decision and communication to the foreigner