6 DAYS MAGIC LINE TURKEY TOUR
6 DAYS MAGIC LINE TURKEY TOUR
Istanbul - Gallipoli - Troy - Pergamon - Kusadasi - Ephesus - Return flight to Istanbul
Duration: 6 Days
Skip The Line:
Live Guide: English
- See the important sites in Istanbul including Topkapi Palace, the residence of the Sultans for 400 years.
- Visit the battlefields and memorials at Gallipoli.
- See the ruins of Ancient Troy, where the famous Trojan War between the Greeks and Trojans took place.
- Explore the Ancient City of Ephesus, one of the best-preserved cities of the ancient world.
- See the Ancient City of Pergamon, once the great capital city of Asia Minor.
Day 1 - Istanbul - Arrival Day – Friday
Upon your arrival in Istanbul, you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. For the rest of the day, you will be free to explore on your own. In the evening, enjoy a welcome dinner of delicious and authentic Turkish food. Accommodation for the night will be in Istanbul.
Day 2 - Istanbul City Tour – Saturday
After breakfast, your guide will meet you in your hotel lobby at 8:30 am. The first stop of the day will be Topkapi Palace, the residence of the Sultans and their families between the 15th and 19th centuries. The next stop will be the Blue Mosque which is the only mosque with six minarets. Its name comes from the beautiful, blue ceramic tiles that line the interior. Just outside the Blue Mosque is the Hippodrome which was the social and entertainment hub of the city during the Byzantine period. The last stop of the day will be to the Spice Bazaar, or Egyptian Market, where you can browse and breath in the delicious aromas of the spices, teas and fresh produce sold there. In the evening, dinner will be served at an authentic Turkish restaurant. Accommodation for the night will be in Istanbul.
Day 3 - Gallipoli Tour – Sunday
After breakfast, we will head to Gallipoli. The drive takes around 6 hours so you could bring a book, enjoy the scenery or just take a nap! After lunch, we will visit the Gallipoli battlefields where, during World War I, Australian and New Zealand forces (called ANZACs) and other Allied soldiers fought the Turks in an attempt to conquer the coast and make their way to Constantinople (present-day Istanbul). You'll hear about the tragic losses and defeat of the ANZACs and Allied forces and the sacrifices that soldiers on both sides made for their countries. The tour will take us past the Gaba Tepe War Museum, Ariburnu Cemetery, Anzac Cove, the Beach Cemetery, Shrapnel Valley and many memorials. Accommodation for the night will be in Canakkale.
Day 4 - Troy Tour - Pergamon – Kusadasi – Monday
After breakfast, you will meet your guide in your hotel lobby at 8:30 am. The first stop of the day will be the ruins of the ancient city of Troy where the Trojan War between the Greeks and Trojans took place in 1250 BC. Troy was a very important settlement in the Bronze Age and there are lots of ruins to explore, plus a replica of the Trojan horse to see. Next, we will drive to Pergamon and have lunch. After lunch, we will visit the ancient city of Pergamon which was once the great capital of Asia Minor. At that time, it was the centre of culture and health in the region. Finally, we will make a short stop at a jewellery centre before continuing on to Kusadasi. Accommodation for the night will be in Kusadasi.
Day 5 - Kusadasi - Ephesus Tour - Turkish Village Sirince – Tuesday
After breakfast, you will meet your guide in your hotel lobby at 8:30 am. The first stop of the day will be the ruins of the ancient city of Ephesus, one of the great cities of the ancient world. In Ephesus, you'll see the Temple of the Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the great Celcus Library and Roman baths. When we've finished exploring, we will see a Turkish arts and handicraft demonstration. The next stop will be Sirince Village which is famous for its vineyards. We'll get to try a variety of their famous fruit wines! Our final stop will be to a leather workshop and then we'll head back to your accommodation in Kusadasi.
Day 6 - Kusadasi - Izmir to Istanbul - End of Tour – Wednesday
After breakfast, you will be driven to Izmir Airport to catch a day flight to Istanbul. We hope you'll have a fantastic trip and thank you in advance for choosing TravelShop Turkey!
- • Arrival airport transfer from Istanbul airport
- • Domestic flight ticket from Izmir to Istanbul
- • 2 nights hotel in Istanbul
- • 1 night hotel in Canakkale
- • 2 nights hotel in Kusadasi
- • 5 open buffet breakfasts
- • 3 local dinners at hotels
- • 4 local lunches during to tours
- • Guided Istanbul city tour
- • Guided Gallipoli tour
- • Guided Troy tour
- • Guided Acropolis of Pergamon tour
- • Guided Ephesus tour
- • Guided Sirince village tour and wine tasting
- • All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- • Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking coach
- • Professional English-speaking tour guides
- • Return airport transfer
- • International flights
- • Insurance: All types
- • Turkey entry visa
- • Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry
- • Any other expenses not mentioned in the included section
Istanbul Airport or Sabiha Gökçen Airport
Know Before You Go
- Please make sure you have the following:
- 1- Travel Insurance that covers health as well as everything else. Globally recognised credit cards
- 2- Cash in Turkish Lira for small purchases where cards are not accepted. It is best to use an official exchange office for Turkish currency transactions.
- 3- Clothing in line with seasonal standards and a scarf for women to cover their hair when entering mosques.
- 4- Camera.
- 5- Universal adaptor and charger for electronic devices.
- 6- Comfortable trekking shoes for walking around.
- 7- International Telephone Communication checked.
- 8- Have a copy of your flight ticket with you.
- 9- Carry personal identification on you at all times.